There’s nothing better than watching your nail salon grow into a successful business. The key to that success is getting more customers, though.
However, it can be hard to attract new people when you’re competing with other salons in your area, but by using these six tips in combination with each other, you’ll make it easier for customers to find you and return again and again.
Create an unforgettable name for your nail salon
You want your nail salon’s name to be easy for customers to remember and pronounce. Your goal is for them to say it out loud, then tell their friends about the great experience they had at your establishment. How will they be able to do that if they can’t get the name right?
There are a few things you should keep in mind when creating a name for your nail salon:
Create and maintain a professional, unique website
You can’t get customers without a website. A professional, unique, well-designed site is the first step to attracting new clients. Besides, having a website increases your chances of appearing on searches like “nail salon near you.”
Your site should include the following:
- A list of nail services you offer and prices for each service
- A gallery of photos showcasing your work with before-and-after shots
- A map showing where your salon is located (if applicable)
- Contact information, including phone number, email address, and social media links.
You’re probably already using social media to promote your business, but are you getting the most out of it? Social media can be a great way to let people know about your nail salon. Let’s look at some ways that social media can help you get more customers for your nail salon:
- Social media is an easy way to let people know about your business. You can post pictures and updates on Facebook or Twitter or even use a live video stream on Instagram or Snapchat to share information about specials, events, and other important things for customers looking for new salons.
- Using social media helps build a community around your business. For example, if you have loyal followers who like what they see from your salon and decide that this is the place where they want their nails done, then there’s nothing better than having them show up as paying customers!
Know what sets you apart
As a nail salon owner, you must know what sets you apart. The more specific and detailed answers are easier for potential customers to understand why they should come to you over someone else.
Let’s say that one of your specialties is using only products from X brand because they don’t use harsh chemicals as other brands do—and this appeals to many people who want healthy nails but hate how most polishes smell or feel on their hands.
Get customers talking about your business
Get your customers talking about you by offering them a service they can’t get anywhere else.
There are many ways to do this:
- Make sure the service is good. If people have a bad experience at your salon, they won’t come back! So offer high-quality services that stand out from the rest.
- Make sure the location is convenient and accessible for everyone who might need it. For example, don’t set up shop in the middle of nowhere if there’s no traffic nearby for potential customers to reach you easily—and vice versa! (But don’t set up too close to competitors either.)
Give great service
You can’t be too careful about customer service. People are coming to your nail salon because they want a relaxing experience. If your service is less than stellar, they’ll have trouble relaxing and might not return.
On the other hand, if you give them good service, they’ll be more likely to become loyal customers in the future—and that’s what every nail salon owner wants! Here are some tips for giving great customer service:
- Be professional at all times during their visit (i.e., use proper language and don’t rush through any steps)
- Make sure appointments are kept on time; showing up late is unprofessional and will make potential clients feel rushed or ignored.
- Show up prepared with everything necessary for completing each step of services offered (i.e., tools/equipment needed, sanitizing solution)
We hope you found these tips helpful and that they will help you get more customers!