A good ping pong table can improve anyone’s gameplay. Of course, that’s not a secret that should surprise you.
But you see, the quality of a ping pong table deteriorates over time, especially if you don’t maintain it. Even the most robust equipment out there cannot last long without proper care.
If you wish that your ping pong table will still provide the same performance and quality over time, then the following things should be done.
How To Maintain A Ping Pong Table
Right from the start, cleaning is pivotal in preserving the structural integrity and playability of a ping pong table. You can have a good condition to play table tennis if your table is free from any debris.
Sure enough, various elements can cling to your ping pong table. Even if you are just using the table indoors, dust and moisture can still breach it.
Of course, extensive maintenance should be conducted if you have a ping pong table that is meant for outdoor use.
At this point, you will realize that the adage “prevention is better than cure” is indeed real. For ping pong tables, you can apply this concept.
Method 1: Get A Good Table Cover
If you don’t want dust and debris to settle in your ping pong table while you are not using it, it is highly recommended that you get a cover for them.
Most of the time, these commercial ping pong tables don’t come with covers. They are among the essential accessories that you need to invest upon.
However, you should not hesitate in doing so. After all, it keeps all the nasty elements away from the table while it is in your recreation room or storage area.
If you leave the table unprotected in the open, dust and dirt would gradually settle in. The most annoying part of this is that these elements tend to settle or aggregate on hard-to-reach areas of the table.
Therefore, if you don’t want to stumble on a dusty table, you need to encase it in a cover every after use. That’s one of the foolproof methods in keeping your table squeaky clean.
Method 2: Regular Cleaning
Since we are talking about ping pong table maintenance, regular cleaning should never be out of the equation. The table board, for instance, should always be free from any blemish.
You see, too much dust may affect the trajectory and bounce of the ball. They might even cause respiratory issues and allergies, especially if you have inhaled them extensively.
Ideally, a ping pong table should be clean once or twice a week. It might sound cumbersome, but it actually helps in preventing the accumulation of dirt throughout the parts of the table.
- For simple cleaning, you only need to wipe the surface of the table with the use of warm water. You can do this through the use of a lint-free cloth or a sponge.
- Soak the cloth or sponge in the warm water and squeeze them to remove the excess water. After that, use them to gently wipe and remove the dirt that is present on the table board.
- You should do the same process to the other parts of the table. Don’t forget to inspect the legs and frame and see if there is loose dust there.
Method 3: Hard Cleaning
If the ping pong table has been stained by beer and other sticky agents, thorough cleaning is highly advised. You should never let these blemishes ruin the quality and aesthetics of your beloved ping pong table.
Primarily, hard cleaning involves the use of a vinegar-and-water mixture. You can use pure vinegar, too, if you want.
- The procedure is still the same as the second method. You need to use a clean cloth and dip it into the mixture.
- Concentrate on the parts that have visible stains. Rub as thoroughly as possible until such time the spots are removed.
- Don’t forget to rinse the table with the use of a wet cloth. Vinegar has a distinct smell, so it is better that you can expel that, too.
These are some of the effective procedures in maintaining the quality of your ping pong table. All of these methods are not difficult to execute; you have no excuse for not doing even one of them.
Don’t ever think that maintenance is a cumbersome process. In the long run, you’ll realize that it is the only way that can prevent you from purchasing a brand new ping pong table from time to time.
That’s it for now. For questions, feel free to drop them in the comment section below.