Your daily habits have a big impact on your skin – this includes your skincare routine. With all the products on the market, you need to be wise when it comes to choosing the right combinations.
There are certain ingredients with specific effects you should be looking for, such as one that triggers the production of important proteins. A youthful-looking skin is rich in collagen and elastin – these two components help hold the skin in place and reduce the signs of aging. Treatments, such as non-invasive laser procedures can help trigger the production of collagen and elastin, among many other things. Find out more here and discover how this treatment can help save your skin.
While treatments are not usually done at regular intervals, an effective skincare routine can be your best bet in maintaining healthy, youthful skin.
So how do you determine the best skincare routine for you? Follow our simple guideline to ensure you’re getting the most from your skincare!
Identify Your Skin Type
Identifying what skin type you have is essential before heading out to buy skincare products you see in advertisements. Here are five skin types that you should be aware of:
- Most teens have oily skin as they go through the adolescent stage. People with this skin type have bigger pores and get greasy easily.
- Dry skin can be flaky and rough. This usually happens when you wash your face too much in a day, making you lose the natural oils and moisture in your face.
- If you have both oily and dry skin, you have combination skin. Combination skin is when the cheek area is dry, and the T zone area (chin, nose, and forehead) gets oily.
- Normal skin is clear and balanced. It is the skin type that doesn’t need to be treated but can be enhanced by using skincare products as it won’t cause any irritation to the skin.
- The skin type that needs extra care is sensitive skin. Sensitive skin can be all of the skin types, but it can easily get irritated with certain products. If there was an incident where you have tried to put on skincare products and felt some pain, that proves you have sensitive skin.
Identify How Much Time You Will Be Spending On The Skincare Routine
Creating a skincare routine is good for you, especially if you have troubles with your skin. But, this type of routines can be time-consuming. Most people who are employed, especially the ones who always get exhausted when they get home, usually have little to no time for their skincare routine.
Before you consider coming up with your skincare routine, you must know when will be the best time for you to do it. By doing so, you can now research on what products you can use for that certain time as some are applied only during the day, while some are applied for overnight use.