Let Sarah read it out for you.
I had huge expectations from the movie as it is an out and out remake of the 1989 series of the same name. It won’t be complete justice to the film if I say I was bored. The characterisation was similar, and correct me if I am wrong, Dwayne Johnson is the Salman Khan of Hollywood. I am a huge fan of Zac Efron since the time of High School Musical.
The role which was talked the highest in India was of Victoria Leeds played by the Desi girl Priyanka Chopra. She looks as stunning as she used to look in Bollywood. I was in love with her very small but prominent role in the film.
The film deals with the drug being sold on the beach with the upfront of a hotel headed by Victoria leeds. Dwayne, Zac, Alexandra, Ilfenesh and Jon are the life guards, who then suddenly behaves like they are the investigators and without them the case wont be solved.
The storyline is more of a Bollywood then regular Hollywood films. You easily realise that this is the upliftment through VFX. Some sequences were a very “A” for Indian audiences while some were chopped off from the film, thanks to censor board, with the most powerful scissors. There are plenty of reasons to not watch the film but there are,
5 Definite Reasons to Watch Baywatch Movie:
1. Priyanka Chopra’s grand debut in Hollywood. She does a fabulous job, at least better than other leading ladies.
2. Comic moments between Zac Efron and Dwayne Johnson, especially that of the hospital where Zac hides among the dead bodies.
3. 3 beauties and 2 handsome hunks, who would want to miss this.
4. It’s different from the series, movie is more of a crime thriller than a rom-com.
5. You’ll definitely want to visit the Baywatch beach, where you find the beauties with brains. Such beach doesn’t exist in real, so you’ll have to go to the theatres.
I am not a movie critic, I am more of an audience to most of the movies.
I have a different opinion, rather than giving stars I give them hearts, so 2.5 💛💛💔 from my side.
Featured image by Skim