“Being blessed with 2 ears and 1 mouth, We are supposed to listen more & Speak less”
Well, listening and hearing are different things. Listening demands concentration or focus on what your ears hear. Good listening ability is actually a skill. We all have that but we need to enhance it or bring out to our daily life.
Why do you need to be a good listener?
- To resolve problems.
- To answer the question.
- To build a strong rapport to social group, corporate group.
- To avoid conflicts.
- To understand things better.
- To get the praises from people.
and many more…
It is a general fallacy that listening improves with the age, Actually it is not like that. One just needs to take care about some things that can make them a good listener. It can also be done through practicing!
Here are 9 tips which can help you to be a good listener:
1. Always try to and even purposely – show interest to what is being said.
2. Concentrate on your discussions, conversations, the different talks and make sure that you don’t miss a word.
3. Whenever you’re having a conversation either by meeting or on a phone call, don’t interrupt in between and let the speaker complete. Let them know you’re interested.
4. It is always classy to show positive body language so that the conversation goes without any conflicts and you can understand things at their best.
5. Another hack on being a good listener would to not prejudice on what is being said.
6. Avoid distractions while you talk. Stay focused on the topic and show your engagement in the best way.
7. Forget being in a hurry and stay patient while you listen, win their faith.
8. Respond to the conversation if you are asked to. To achieve this, you have to listen though.
That would be all in being a good listener. If you are one of them, you might be interested in some amazing tips to keep a conversation going.
Featured image credits: Bustle